Thursday, September 23, 2010

worst day EVER.

You know those days that are in movies, you know the ones that you laugh at people for because they go so horribly wrong, like there is absolutely nothing about them that goes right? That was my day last Thursday.

So I wake up, I’m excited right, I mean it’s a Thursday, it’s the last day of my school week. I had two days of school the week before, I had been in New York for like 5 days, I had a really stressful 3 days of school, and this was it. I had one more day, I had a calc test, but that was honestly all I was worried about. I had gone to bed the night before around 11:30, and gotten up around 4 so that I could pack for my weekend and review for the things going on during the day. So by the time I got to school, I was awake and really happy, I didn’t even need coffee. So I go to class, and then my day began. That good mood wore off really fast. I was dead. Then I realize that my dress is WAY too short for school, so I have to loose the straps so that the back is long enough, which only makes everything under it show more, great right? So then I proceed to try and read my ap euro book during creative writing, which of course was a complete fail, SO not ready for that quiz. Homeroom was homeroom. I mean honestly, what could possibly ever be good about homeroom. So then we go to ap euro, I had been all excited because we had an essay due Friday right, and I wasn’t gonna be there. Of course, just my luck though, the essay gets moved to Monday, and we’re going to discuss whats on it Friday during class, when im not there. Perfect, right? I don’t even know what this stupid essays about. And I have to write it now. Lovely. Study hall goes fine, I mean it’s a short class in silence, never fun. Bible is bible, I mean who doesn’t love the bible, but devotions that take up a class period even though no one cares about them, that makes me want to crawl in a hole and cry. And then chapel. Okay, this chapel is more entertaining than most, I mean as awful as that sounds, sitting and listening to people make speeches is a lot more exciting than the more often than not experiences of speakers who don’t know how to connect to an audience. So we get through that, and I get a brownie from one of the teachers I t.a. for, bonus. Except I didn’t feel good. So of course I end up feeling worse. Everything goes pretty much fine through lunch, I mean my mom had been sweet and asked me to go to lunch, and then canceled on me. That’s sweet and loving right? So I go to lunch, still not feeling good, and don’t really eat. Then I get to ecology, and realize number one, my dress BROKE. I don’t know how that could POSSIBLY happen, but it did. Number two, I realized I did not know my calculus. Like I knew how to do the easy problems, but the things she had sent an email about, the last minute things to learn, I couldn’t even tell you what they were called. So I start panicking, trying desperately to figure out what is on my test, which of course didn’t happen, and I gave up. I also could not figure out for the life of me how I was supposed to fix my dress. I go to calc, and the test went even more miserably than I ever had imagined. I missed one whole question, 12 points. And knowing my luck, I probably missed more than that. Just when I think my bad day is over, I get to the car, and my perfume has spilled ALL over my bag. Lovely right. Not to mention, the killer headache I had the entire day, still had not gone away. Things got better, I got to hang out with my boyfriend, and then left on my roadtrip towards uva, jmu, and vt. I had an atrocious dinner at the KFC, but other than that my bad day was over. It was just one of those days that every single thing possible goes wrong, but you are always able to look back and laugh. Personally, I like it better when those days just don’t happen.

Disclaimer: My dress is still broken, I ended up with a 93 on my math test, I lived past the KFC, my headache went away at some point, and every other stress has now long passed. Needless to say, I would have been perfectly happy without that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment