Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Belarussian Men

Tonight, we went to dinner at a restuarant in downtown Mogilev whose name translates to "restuarant" in English. We were sitting there enjoying our time with Olya, our host, Katyas friend, when the waitress walks up with ice cream for us. Two men, a table over, had sent them for us as a gift, because they liked the way I smiled. They proceeded to ask us to go to a movie with them, telling us that we have to because they already bought the tickets. We politely declined, yet they persisted. As if this would win us over, they bought wine for us all. It was a Maldovian wine, and it actually wasn't terrible, but we still did not wish to go to the movies with them. They kept saying "what is your name, my darling".. buddy, I am NOT your darling. They said that they wished only to go to the movies as friends, and nothing more. I don't think I'm buying that one. One of the men came over to our table, and asked us to go to the bana with him. The bana is a sauna of sorts in which you bathe and can be whipped with leaves to beat something out of you, but I can't quite remember what. The man told me that he would beat me with the leaves, if I would beat him. Then he spanked himself a few times, and told us sorry. The only blessing is the two men had just finished off a bottle of vodka, or I would have been concerned for his sanity. He gave us all high fives, winked a few times, and eventually the men left after giving us warm goodbyes. I've got to say, I'm okay with sticking to American men.

1 comment:

  1. Just stopping by to say, "Hi!" Hope all is well in the mountains. Miss reading your hilarious posts. Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete