Wednesday, September 15, 2010

post #9

"Have you ever experienced a moment of epihany, as if your eyes were opened to something you were previously blind to? Describe this moment and your percepts about it."

I think the better question is honestly, what haven't we had to look back on and realize things about it. I mean every thing in life we can look back on and see how it could have been handled differently. I always get in bed at night and lay there for a good few hours trying to figure out what things I did wrong, and how if I had simply studied more, or been a little more patient than things could have ended up a little differently. The biggest thing I have ever had a so-called "epihany" about was Enloe High School. When I attended it, I never saw any of the things that I was doing as wrong. Now that I look back, that was not completely accurate. I didn't go to class very often, because honestly, I had awful teachers and felt like it was a better use of my time not to go to classes.. Now that I look back, that would probably explain why my GPA is so bad, because if you don't go to class, and you don't learn, then you can't take tests or do homework very well, and so then you fail. I had bad friends who did bad things, looking back on that, the friends who got expelled for drinking on wake county public schools property, probably not the best ones. Although not everything about my Enloe experience was that dramatic or horrible, the chance to come to NRCA has allowed my eyes to be opened to the way that my life could have ended up had I stayed at Enloe.

No comments:

Post a Comment