Sunday, September 12, 2010

post #6

"For everyone of us living in this world means waiting for our end" -- Beowulf

If there is any one thing that I absolutely cannot stand about school, it would be the pointless reading that is done in English classes, you know the "classics". I cannot ever figure out for the life of me, what purpose they have. But every once in a while, they catch you off guard; the little gifts God gives us amongst the boring routine of daily life. As I began reading page 89 through 131 of tonights reading, a quote caught me off guard. When I picked up my book again later to continue, it got me AGAIN. And as I reread it, trying to process this, it hit me yet again. "For everyone of us living in this world means waiting for our end". That is morbid. I like to think of my life as having a little more significance than simply a beginning and an end. I mean this quote is true, we start our lives, and then the whole middle, the actual course of our lives, is simply the waiting. Often times we forget that there comes an end to every beginning. Life needs to be lived with purpose, every second being spent wisely, because it can never be gained back. So as right as this is in that we are living simply waiting for the end, it does not mean that we have to sit back, and waste our lives away because all that is going to come is the end. We have the ability to make all we want of our lives. Beowulf uses his God given talents to keep people safe in battles, and I'm not trying to say that we're all supposed to be Beowulf, and fight monsters under water. But we are supposed to use what God gives us, the little presents that we receive from him daily. We need to take these gifts and make something from them. It may be an extra hour with a special someone, a chance to makeup with a friend after a huge mistake, or a chance to change the direction of your life, whatever it may be - take it, use it. While we are waiting for an end, living in this world, we need to really truly live.

No comments:

Post a Comment