Friday, September 10, 2010

post #4

"Have you ever fallen in love from the first sight? Tell about the first time you've met this person. What did you feel at that moment?"

What is love anyway? I mean sure this seems like a great question to answer, honestly I just took it off the "good essay topics" sheet we got in class, but I guess its legitimate. To start off, I think that to love someone, has a completely different meaning that to be IN love with someone. But if we're being techincal here, merriam-webster defines love as strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties, and the always wonderful urban dictionary states it as "the most spectacular,indescribable, deep euphoric feeling for someone" - this definition goes on and on, but the first sentence seems to caputure the meaning just fine. To love someone then, means that you have a strong affection for them, a deep euphoric feeling. But to be in love, that to me is the indescribable, deepest possible, most spectacular feeling one can possibly have towards someone. So is it possible to fall in love at first sight? I don't believe so- you may be attracted to them, but to be IN love with them, cannot possibly happen at first sight.

So, now on to me. I don't believe that you can fall in love at first sight. I think that you can see someone, and have this overwhelming attraction and maybe think "I could love them" or something cheesy along those lines - that doesn't count as love at first sight. The closest I've come is Andrew. I mean I saw him with Zach Diamond the first day of school, and after school I said to my mom "that school has the finest boys I have EVER seen" -best part is I was talking about zach. Then I came to know who Andrew was, and believe me I thought he was fine too. But he had dated a friend of mine somewhat over the summer, and even though it was never real or legitimate, girl code forbids that right? So of course, andrew and I end up dating. We've been dating for 9 months now, we broke up for 2, otherwise we'd be in the double digits at 11 months. They haven't been easy, but we've worked our way to love through that. Before our breakup we said we loved each other, and yeah we meant it, but since we've gotten back together, I have that "in love" feeling. So after 11 LONG months I realize I've fallen in love. It took me eleven months to get to that point, that is a long time, a long journey, with many MANY ups and downs. So love at first sight, I don't buy it. The first time I spent time with Andrew, and techinically one of the first times I really saw him, I felt an attraction- yeah, but love- no. But now, I have that overwhelming, undeniable, awestruck feeling when I see him. its overwhelming, and hits me square in the chest, giving me butterflies every time. But I can't deny that I have fallen in love, it just wasnt at first sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment