Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Stumbleupon #2


This picture is just beautiful. I'm not actually quite sure what to say about it, or how to describe my feelings about it, but I figured since I'm waiting for my cookies in the oven to finish I might as well blog away. So, the first time I saw this picture on stumbleupon I actually stumbled away accidently. But then I came back, and I made it my favorite and since then I have looked at it about ten more times. The picture is pure evidence of God’s amazing wonders. This tree stands out, in the middle of a lake. It is set apart from the other trees, it is little but magnificent. Sunlight is shining down, just on this tree but missing the huge ones around it. I think that this really speaks to I Timothy 4:12; Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. I feel like as young people we can related to much to this tree. It is an outcast in sorts from the rest of the trees, almost pushed away. Often times, we are discriminated against because we are young and our opinions seem not to matter. However, this brilliant light is shining down on the tree, magnifying its colors and showing its true greatness. God has plans for all of us, and instead of sitting back and accepting that others don’t think we’re good enough, we need to know that God’s light will always shine down on us no matter how small we are, and we will be able to do amazing things through him.

No comments:

Post a Comment