Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Love Poem



I think this man may have the wrong perspective on life. Either that, or he’s young, naïve and probably a frat boy obsessed with the idea of never settling down. Just a few options for ya. But anyway, I mean I’m 17 years old and the idea of waking up next to someone every morning for the rest of my life kind of repulses me right now. I mean seriously, who wants to wake up to someone’s morning breath every single morning. “Oh goodmorning sweetie, lord please brush those things before I pass out from the stench of your breath” is really romantic and all, but I’m okay settling with sleeping alone for a while. I can love from a distance for now. And for a while actually. I like my personal space, and having my covers stolen in the middle of the night would quite frankly, make me love them less and less every night. It wouldn’t end good for them. So I get all the mushy love stuff about how cute it is to wake up to the love of your life every morning and all that junk, but I’m alright not having to handle that for a while. I mean yeah, I guess this guy is a little cynical and apparently so am I. For a love poem, this is pretty depressing but whatever, until I’m at least 25, I agree with his perspective on life. Which I guess in a sense relates me to a young, naïve person ( obviously not a frat boy cause I’m a girl….) but I’m okay with that. At least for now anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment